Self-encrypting drive solutions based on TCG specifications enable integrated encryption and access control within the protected hardware of the drive. Self-encrypting drives provide the industry’s premier solution for full disk encryption, protecting data when the machines or drives are lost or stolen. TCG’s open standards provide multivendor interoperability.
Self Encrypting Drive Benefits:
• Encryption hardware, integrated into the drive controller, allows the drive to operate at full data rate with no performance degradation
• Scalable solution – every drive contains encryption engine
• Encryption always on – major compliance requirement
• Keys for encryption are generated in the drive and never leave the drive
• User authentication is performed by the drive before it will unlock, independent of the operating system
Easier to Use
• Encryption is transparent to both users and software.
Lower Cost of Ownership
• No need for complex infrastructure to manage encryption keys
• Main processor cycles not used for encryption
• No modifications to OS, applications or tools
• Crypto-erase provides instant repurposing / decommissioning
Self-Encrypting Drives in the Marketplace
• Latest information on product availability and software support – (September 2010) and (August 2010)
For more information on our Encryption product range, please click here.